About the ITA
Since 1935, ITA has represented public transportation, intercity, and private charter bus operators in Indiana, in addition to a commuter railroad and other transportation-related agencies (including manufacturers, insurance companies, consultants, and government and planning agencies).
The purpose of the Indiana Transportation Association is:
- To carry out the general functions of a trade organization and to provide information for its members through publications and the sponsorship of meetings and conferences.
- To help promote the interests of its members through programs of education and information outreach for its members, the general public, and special publics in Indiana and elsewhere.
- To disseminate Association information to local, state, and federal levels of government to protect, advocate, and advance the interests of its members.
- To act as a liaison with government on the state and local level in Indiana and with key governmental agencies, such as the Indiana Department of Transportation, the U.S. Department of Transportation, and the Federal Transit Administration.
- To act as a liaison with other trade organizations in Indiana, such as the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns, and the State Chamber of Commerce; to work with trade organizations in other states; and to act as a liaison with such national organizations such as the American Bus Association, the United Motorcoach Association, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, and the American Public Transportation Association.